Friday, October 24, 2014

The Last Mother's Day Meal

Was clearing my phone data when I saw these forgotten pix. Had been wanting to archive these for a while.

May 13, 2012 - It was a busy night at our family's favourite seafood restaurant. Actually, it's my bro's fav. And I know Ma would only go to bro's fav diners so that he could eat his favs. I remember we had to wait for nearly 30 mins for a table.  It was a full house. But the service was fast. The meal was served within 5 mins of ordering. And it was wiped out in just 15 mins. And that ends the meal.

The atmosphere was unnerving. Too noisy and crowded. Patrons had to shout to get themselves heard. But Ma had always insisted on going out on the busiest days of the year. I never did understand that. 

I had to leave to pick up a friend from the airport so I left after the meal. It was the last Mother's Day meal.

Unmemorable yet memorable.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...