Sunday, March 21, 2010

Positivity

This principle was put to good use today.

For the past one month, one of our assignments is to produce a teaching video. The four of us, the 'older' less computer savvy students, relied heavily on our youngest member, Emmanuel, on the technical part. He was just so good that he used another newer version of the movie editing software to create our video. The final product in terms of the technical aspect was beyond the 'older' member's our expectation.

For the presentation this morning, Emmanuel, our technical man, was not able to join us as he was involved in a Taekwondo competition.

Alas, the group presentation did not go well as planned. Halfway into the video, the video lagged and did not run smoothly. My heart broke when I saw that because I knew it shouldn't have been the case as we had tested it many times just earlier on.

It was just such an awful feeling to see our baby - the video - lagging and being distorted. I had really wanted to cry because it just did not do justice to the hard work put in, especially our techie's. Because of the distortion, the impact that I had hoped our video would showcase was, to a degree, lessened.

It was beauty distorted!

Fortunately, our lecturer insisted that we run the video again after every group had presented. This time, we played it on our laptop - and it was smooth!

True beauty was revealed!

This unexpected technical error is the 10%. Being such an emo femme, I would have been overly affected by what had happened. I was, however, quick to remind myself to be positive and not let my emotion run too wild.

Yes, I was disappointed. The presentation did not go as planned. The first viewing of the video was painful to watch. The impact was lessened. I didn't feel good about it.

But it was unexpected and beyond our control then. We've done our part but the unexpected just had to happen.

Reflection:
  • Expect the unexpected.
  • When the 10% strikes, just let it go - snap out of it, quick!
Sophie still has a long way to go but she's very consciously working on it!

I love my group!
L - R: Emmanuel, Theresa, Nazri & HaleeB
March 20: Room 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...