Saturday, January 02, 2010

Black & White

I'm currently in the process of getting to know and to handle the love of my life better - the 'new' Yamaha S90ES synthesizer which has only begun to see the living daylight about a month ago.

It was bought nearly one year ago but but was kept in the safety of the church office. It was a premature buy; there was no suitable home for this large and heavy baby so that was the reason why she has been kept under wraps for so long.

88 weighted keys
Jan 2: Church

I had pretty much given up hope of ever seeing her when finally a steel cabinet was built by the joint committee in which to keep her under lock and chain, and that was after much red-tape and meetings.

I reckon this baby is shunned at the moment because I think the pianists and keyboardists of the other two congregations are not keen to get to know her better. Maybe it's because they do not want to be involved in such a complicated affair since she is so demanding - she has so many buttons on her and it is a headache to learn which button to press.

Initially I didn't know how to handle her in order to maximize her potential and the sounds produced were just so horrible because I did not and have yet to read the manual. The manual that comes along with her is a headache for me.

I'd much prefer to keep our relationship laissez-faire.

I have just spent some quality time with her after practice today - just to get to know her better; what turns her on and what puts her off.

I must say that I am beginning to love and understand her better, though there is still much to be discovered and explored.

And so, my love affair with her has officially begun and will continue until she gets cranky and moody like the previous, much-abused Roland but I don't think that will be happening so soon.

Hope she'll be a good baby for a least a good ten-year. We'll see...

How I wish she's a 'he'. That will be more exciting ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...