Friday, January 01, 2010

Rain

I love rainy days. Listening to the pitter-patters of rain is comforting.


(Photo credit here)

It always brings back memories of my childhood when I would sit on my late grandpa's chair at the porch and read my novels. It was so cooling.

Sometimes when it was raining very heavily, strong gusts of wind would blow tiny droplets of rain and land on my skin. Distracted, I would sit there and just look at the dark, stormy sky and the torrents of rain pouring from the pregnant clouds.

Rainy days bring back memories of the warmth of my family's tiny house; a bowl of warm Bovril soup, a cup of hot Milo and the safety and comfort of my bed when lightnings stroke and thunders roared.

Today is the first day of the new year and my favourite natural phenomena has occurred. It rained in the afternoon and is raining now. Many would have had their new year's day bbq or outings ruined.

But for me, it is a good sign because I love rain. Droplets of huge, fat raindrops from the sky above showering the land on earth, nurturing all its inhabitants; just like God's abundant blessings pouring down from the heaven above.

Droplets of rain on the leaves of a potted plant
Jan 1: Backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...