Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Bye-bye $$

Payment Counter
Jan 5: Great Eastern HQ

Thus comes the time for my annual 'pilgrimage' to this particular office and cough up a chunk of of money to pay for my insurance.

Jan 5 is always the last day of the grace period when my money is due.

After paying my due for more than a decade now, the date is now firmly imprinted on my mind except for the year 2008 when I had totally forgotten about it because I was stressed out over dad who was stricken with stroke.

I dislike going to the banking area because of the jam and difficulty in finding a parking space. Therefore, I was prepared to park at Suria, since parking is free for the first two hours, and walk over.

Fortunately, as I was passing by behind Wisma Merdeka from the direction of the wet market, I saw two men heading to their respective cars. So I had an immediate parking lot which was not the norm.

I cut through Wisma Merdeka and went directly to the GE HQ and settled my bill within 15 minutes. Then, I went to CIMB to settle yet another insurance payment which had been credited to my credit card.

However, I overlook the fact that I could not transfer the amount due because of the ATM card limit and I also did not bring my bank book. Luckily, the due date was Jan 6 so I had the next day to settle it or else I'd unwittingly have to pay the late charges.

As I cut through Wisma Merdeka again, I stopped by my favourite place there - the Takoyaki outlet - and bought four sets of the deliciously hot snack.


Yumz!!! But the bad thing is the price has been increased to RM3 from the usual RM2.80.

Haiz... semuanya naik harga...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...